Thank you for your interest in providing comments of the Draft EIS/OEIS. Your comments are important to improve the analysis, and are used to ensure that potential impacts are adequately determined before a final decision is made. Government agencies, elected officials, organizations, and individuals are encouraged to participate and to submit comments on-line and by mail:
Comments must be postmarked or received online by August 29, 2017 to ensure that your concerns are considered and addressed in the Final EIS/OEIS. All statements, oral or written, submitted during the public review period will become part of the public record on the Draft EIS/OEIS and will be considered in preparation of the Final EIS/OEIS.
Although the Navy appreciates all comments, comments (either positive or negative) that provide detailed information are the most useful for the Navy. Tips for submitting effective comments:
- Clearly identify your issues and concerns. Support your claims with explanation, facts, and references, if possible
- Refer to specific page numbers or paragraphs in the document.
- Submit comments if you find an error in the analysis, need clarification or have new information that could change the analysis and conclusions.
- There is no minimum or maximum length for an effective comment. Although the comment box below is restricted to 4,000 characters, longer comments can be attached on the page or mailed to the address below.
- Do not include any Personal Identifiable Information within the text of your comment (e.g., name, address, social security number, email address, telephone number, etc.). Although this information is optional in the fields below, it will not be shared publicly if not included within the comment text itself.